Where Do I File For Divorce?

This questions is essentially the same question and can be answered with the requirement for residency but many clients have asked - Where do I file for divorce? You must file for divorce in the county in which you have resided for the last three months. You also must have lived in the State of California for 6 months.

If you do not meet the residence requirements, you can file for legal separation and then amend the petition once you have reached the residency requirements. The 6 month time period will not start over if you amend the petition to a divorce.

If you are considering a divorce or legal separation in the inland empire, contact our office for a free initial consultation with our experienced family law attorneys. We have offices located in Riverside and Temecula. If you are asking - Where do I file for divorce? then contact the attorneys at the Law Offices of H. William Edgar.