Palm Desert Spousal Support Lawyers
Assisting Clients Secure Their Financial Future
Spousal support, or alimony, is a transfer of money from one spouse to the other during and after the divorce process. Typically, spousal support is given to help ensure a low-income spouse will continue having the same living standard as they did before the divorce. There are a few different types of alimony arrangements, from temporary alimony to rehabilitative alimony.
Regardless of your participation in alimony obligation, you will need an attorney to guide you through the process. We have gained insight into both sides of the alimony process from handling hundreds of alimony cases similar to yours. We are equipped to assist you in getting your rights and resolving your alimony disputes in a timely and cost-effective manner.
How Does the Court Decide Alimony Cases?
The factors are numerous, but key on some the following:
- The spouse’s capacity to earn money
- What each spouse contributed to the education of the other
- The supporting spouse’s ability to provide spousal support
- The standard of living for each spouse during marriage
- The properties the spouses each may have
- The length of the marriage
- The ability of the supported spouse to get work while caring for children
- The physical well-being of both spouses
- If domestic abuse occurred between the parties
Seeking a Favorable Alimony Outcome
Court processes are expensive. The emotional stress, the total expenses of legal time, and the numerous hours put into a divorce can result in much more than financial loss. Our spousal support attorneys in Palm Desert work to minimize such expenditures of effort and money. That is why we have always been committed to a results-oriented approach. We comb through your legal options, then help you choose the option that best fits your needs. We listen to what you want, and we do our best to give that to you.
Our ability to uncover these solutions has earned us numerous praises and awards:
- 10.0 “Superb” Avvo Rating
- Inland Empire Magazine “Top Lawyer Award”
- Lawyers.com “Client Distinction Award”
- 2016 “Top 100 Family Lawyer” Award
If you are currently in a spousal support case and need representation, you can trust us to protect your needs and your financial interests. Call the Office of H. William Edgar at (888) 251-9618. We are here to help you however we can.