Riverside Child Custody Lawyers
Trust a Custody Attorney with Your Best Interests in Mind
At the Law Offices of H. William Edgar, we make the best interests of children our top priority. Our child custody attorneys in Riverside, CA are experienced in representing families looking to establish safe and fair child custody. We fight to ensure that the children involved are provided a safe environment and that parents are able to maintain a healthy relationship with their children. Our goal is to help both parents be a part of decision-making process when it comes to their child, but we are always aware that some family situations are not so simple.
Since our firm was founded, our Riverside child custody attorneys have capably handled numerous child custody cases. Set up your free case evaluation – call our firm at (888) 251-9618!
Types of Child Custody in Riverside County
Ideally, our law firm tries to make sure that both parents play an important role in their child’s development. However, we understand that in some cases, this is simply not possible. The best interest of the child is considered when determining legal custody and physical custody—which is why we use the same approach in our legal strategies.
- Legal custody refers to the parent’s right to make decisions about their child’s well-being, such as education and medical care.
- Physical custody refers to the where the child or children will live; usually, one parent has custody and the other has visitation rights.
There are two types of legal custody:
- Joint Legal Custody: Receiving joint legal custody affirms the right of both parents to share in the responsibility of making decisions for the child/children.
- Sole Legal Custody: This custody affirms the right of one parent to make all of the major decisions for the child/children. Sole legal custody means the other parent was deemed unfit, or that it was in the best interest of the child for one parent to have sole custody. This is considered to be rare.
Custody can be adapted to meet the needs of the family. For example, a parent may share legal custody, but not physical custody. In addition, a parent with sole legal custody may not have sole physical custody.
Physical custody may be determined by the following:
- Living arrangements
- Work background
- Abuse or history of domestic violence
- Work schedules
All these factors and more may be considered when determining physical custody; however, the child’s best interests will always be primarily considered.
Our Riverside Child Custody Attorneys Can Provide Caring Legal Guidance
Whether determining child custody is simple or complicated, our experienced child custody lawyers in Riverside, CA can capably guide you through the process. We view each and every case on an individual basis and provide legal solutions that are tailor-fit to your family’s needs and circumstances. In addition, we resolve cases quickly and efficiently, saving you stress, time, and money.
We know every case is unique and always provide personalized counsel.
Low-Risk & Low-Stress
We don't drag our cases out, which saves you time, stress, and money.
Honesty & Integrity
We deliver the straightforward, honest counsel you really need.
Our priority is to help you get the results your family deserves.